Catapult is pleased to announce the appointment of Gary McCoy as its new Sales Manager for its growing US office. Gary joins a team of Sports Scientists dedicated to providing an athlete analytics system to elite sporting teams and institutes at the professional and collegiate level in the US, and brings a wealth of experience as an elite sports performance coach.
With a Masters in Exercise Science from Victoria University in Melbourne, Australia, Gary has since worked entirely in the US with medically integrated performance training programs and technologies. A 20 year veteran in the field of strength, conditioning and athlete performance, Gary’s resume includes stints as:
- Performance Coach, Australian Baseball Federation
- Vice President, Turning Point BioTech
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, Houston Astros
- Triple A Strength and Conditioning Coach, Florida Marlins
- Director of Athlete Physiological Monitoring Systems, Qinetiq
- Director of Sports Performance, Evolve Sports Performance
- Arizona Fall League Strength and Conditioning Coach, Major League Baseball
- NFL Combine Isokinetic Test Technician, National Football League
- Vice President, IDEA
- Global Director of Education, Cybex
Gary is also a certified Strength and Conditioning Coach Specialist under the NSCA and was named Strength Coach of the Year in 2011 by the Professional Baseball Strength and Conditioning Coaches Society for the Pacific Coast League.
Helping growth within the NFL, NBA and NCAA programs, Gary says that “excited is an understatement in my joining the game-changers at Catapult”.
“As a coach, you are constantly seeking ways to objectify observations to strategize training and rehabilitation programs,” McCoy said. “Catapult’s technology provides valuable insights and validation through measurable, scientific data provision”.
“To be on the leading edge of a sports revolution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I look forward to delivering Catapult technology and having a transformative impact with North American sports organizations on a daily”.