During April and May, Catapult hosted a webinar series featuring leading performance thinkers and practitioners across a wide range of sports.
In episode one of the series, Tom Williams, Head of Strength & Conditioning at Toronto FC, talked through his experiences with data and how it can be applied to and impacts the planning and execution of sports science practices.
Entitled “Practical Application of Data in the Planning Process”, Tom’s presentation looked at the use and development of wearable technology in cricket, including:
- [44:45] Introduction to Tom and his background
- [47:31] Organizational Vision: The importance of both top-down and bottom-up.
- [50:28] Where to start with data – The Five C’s: The process of information
- [54:35] The performance pathway – “Never a linear line of progression”
- [58:38] “You can’t affect what you can’t measure”
- [1:00:25] Why communication requires context
- [1:11:03] Supporting the coaching process
- [1:23:01] Question and Answers
You can find more presentations from the Performance Webinar Series in the Catapult Community, click here to find out more.